Tuesday, August 15, 2017

Book Spotlight - The Best Day Ever by Kaira Rouda

I glance at my wife as she climbs into the passenger seat, and I am bursting with confidence. Today will be everything I’ve promised her…and more…

Paul Strom has the perfect life: a glittering career as an advertising executive, a beautiful wife, two healthy boys and a big house in a wealthy suburb. And he’s the perfect husband: breadwinner, protector, provider. That’s why he’s planned a romantic weekend for his wife, Mia, at their lake house, just the two of them. And he's promised today will be the best day ever.

But as Paul and Mia drive out of the city and toward the countryside, a spike of tension begins to wedge itself between them and doubts start to arise. How much do they trust each other? And how perfect is their marriage, or any marriage, really?

Forcing us to ask ourselves just how well we know those who are closest to us, Best Day Ever crackles with dark energy, spinning ever tighter toward its shocking conclusion. In the bestselling, page-turning vein of The Couple Next Door and The Dinner, Kaira Rouda weaves a gripping, tautly suspenseful tale of deception and betrayal dark enough to destroy a marriage…or a life.

My Thoughts
To begin, THAT COVER!  I LOVE it!  It just draws you in and makes you want to know what is on the other side!
This book was constantly challenging me.  When I thought I figured it out, then Kaira threw another surprise my way.
I hated Paul so much that I loved him.  He was so charming and devilish and just plan crazy!  He reminds me on one of those creepy clowns - he stares at you, thinks evil thoughts about you and at the end will kill you and laugh about it.  Such a weird comparison I know but it describes him perfectly.
On the other hand, Mia, I was impressed!  I don't think I could ever keep the plans to myself and not crack or freak out or heck even go through with it all to begin with!
The roller coaster ride will have you guessing all the way till the very last page!
I would say more but I don't want to give it all away!

Drink Selection
Pop open the bubbly, I want to celebrate this read with some delish glasses of Champagne! 


Rating
I could read this book over and over again!  LOVED it!  5 wine glasses all the way!




No comments:

Post a Comment